Do you actually still care about the forum?

Admins, moderators,

there’s something really broken with this forum and it does not seem to bother you at all. There are more and more errors happening.

A lot of posts I made haven’t been “counted” - they did not show up as new in the list when I submitted them. And now I can see there are posts from other users “counted” and are shown in the list but they are not shown when I open this particular thread.

For example this thread: copy on latest backup

I came here to mention the exact same thing. In two different threads I have received an error while posting a reply. I don’t know about the count but I did notice that my replies were not listed in the main forum view as the latest post. After that I tried editing but my post would disappear, I would submit new replies but they wouldn’t be added to the thread, if I removed the code then the replies would be displayed, even though the content was the same. I guess they were held for moderation but the point is that this makes it very difficult to post in the forum.

I have been around for some time but have tried to be more active recently and noticed there are some issues that would be good to address.

I can see someone answered but I cannot see the answer. … funny isn’t it? :wink:

That was me. I wanted to say that I am seeing the same problems but I am also unable to see my reply.

@olaf-soyk - Yes there are some problems like “critical error” and once retried it causes duplicate posts, I am also facing it frequently now. There are chances for migrating to a new site for PowerShell.org.

looks like this thread is not available now.

[quote quote=291436] There are chances for migrating to a new site for PowerShell.org.
[/quote]

Could you tell when this is supposed to happen?

For troubleshooting I get the wordpress error on every reply, but the reply still posts.

I typically come out to answer questions and when I see there are a bunch of items with no replies, it appears no one is contributing to the forum. When you look at a post that shows 1/1 and there are like 5 replies, this critical issue is making it tough to manage for forum contributors. The last time we were seeing this it was some kind of a buffer or memory error if I recall.

If the intention is to move to another wordpress template or website in general, might I also suggest asking for input on features. Previous iterations I’ve to click on my profile and search through my posts for something, typically because we get asked the same questions over and over, so I’d rather say look at this post. The search for this site is no bueno, always been way to broad imho. Ops typically just want to go back to posts where they asked questions and re-read and it’s tough to find the post. There are other items, but let us know if there is a new format in the future.

1 Like

I am seeing the same behavior and Rob hits it on the head. The main forum page is not at all accurate.

Hi Everyone,

We are terribly sorry about all of these issues we are having. We have been working with our hosting provider on this for months now.

We have looked at many other options for the forums (including moving to a new hosting provider) and it really boils down to you guys are awesome and asking a lot of questions. BBPress just wasn’t designed for all of this.

The good news is that we will be moving to a new forum 3rd party hosted solution called discourse. The experience will be MUCH, better but we will loose a few things such as community badges and the point system we have.

We hope to have this up and running by the end of the month (Feb 2021).

[quote quote=292297]The good news is that we will be moving to a new forum 3rd party hosted solution called discourse. The experience will be MUCH, better but we will loose a few things such as community badges and the point system we have.

We hope to have this up and running by the end of the month (Feb 2021).[/quote]

… fingers crossed for the move and really looking forward to the new hot stuff.

Good luck.

Do not really care about ranking or awards. If you need Powershell scripts for the migration, you’re in the right place. :wink:

Dont worry Rob, you are a Zen Master on this site, your points/rewards will build quickly on the new solution :slight_smile:

Can you guys confirm if you can see all 3 replies in this thread?

http://powershell.org/forums/topic/get-dnscientserver-configuration

I keep having problems when trying to submit posts.

I know a solution is on the way and understand we need to have patience. I am relatively new but I see a lot of potential here so I really hope a new platform will address all of these issues.

This is crazy I had JUST posted about this issue (increasing in frequency and variation as time marches on) today and now see this thread.

I thought it was just me for the longest time. I tried different browsers, OS’s, VPN’d…anything I could think of and now even my newest posts are disappearing into the ether. Randomly.

Sometimes just hitting F5 works when I see that ‘error posting’ page…

Thanks for the updates in this thread…

Yes, that was SO handy! Miss that the most

[quote quote=293197]Can you guys confirm if you can see all 3 replies in this thread?

get-DNSCientServer configuration
[/quote] Yes, indeed Count = 3

Impressive migration, Thanks! Looks awesome and you recovered all my previous posts which is HUGE.
Can’t thank you all enough

1 Like

The new forum looks great. Very good job with the migration as well.

Quick question: Is it still possible to subscribe to a forum? I used to get notifications when new topics were added, now I can only subscribe to existing topics.

1 Like

Have you tried below option ?

1 Like