Windows 10 Settings Configuration

Hi Y’all,

I’m a noob to PowerShell and have been putting together a few minor scripts to help my own automation process at work. I have a setup process I’d like to automate for Windows 10 but I’m not even sure it’s possible or what questions I really need to be asking.

So, here’s what I want to do. In Windows 10, Microsoft has chosen to give us this wonderful “Windows Settings” GUI with all kinds of things I like to have turned off so they don’t annoy my clients. Like Notifications, WiFi Hot Spots & Remote Hot Spot Activation, and Windows Update Settings to not search the local network for updates. I know, how horrible of me, to not want to flip through this beautifully provided GUI to flip a bunch a toggles on every machine I work on.

But being the noob I am, I’m not even sure where to start looking. Would y’all be so kind as to help me out and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

C.W.

Sounds like a good candidate for Group Policy - if you are wanting to standardise this across multiple machines?

You can try running process monitor with the filter “category is write”, and look for registry changes.