Modify GPO settings via Powershell?

Hello All,
I want to automate a task in Windows 10 Pro where i need to Toggle the “Remove Lock Computer” and “Remove Task Manager” enable/disable. is it possible to make it work via powershell?

Gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Teamplates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options > Remove Lock Computer > Enable(or Disable)

Gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Teamplates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options > Remove Task Manager > Enable(or Disable)

I take it these are not on a domain? If they are then GPO is your best bet. The only way i can think of is you’ll need to find the reg keys that correspond to these settings and set those reg keys via PowerShell.

Hello.
Maybe this:

function CtrlAltDel
{
    Param(
        [switch]$DisableLockWorkstation,
        [switch]$EnableLockWorkstation,
        [switch]$DisableTaskMgr,
        [switch]$EnableTaskMgr
    )

$Path = 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System'

if ($DisableLockWorkstation -and $EnableLockWorkstation)
    {
        Write-Output 'Specify DisableLockWorkstation OR EnableLockWorkstation'
        return
    }

if ($DisableTaskMgr -and $EnableTaskMgr)
    {
        Write-Output 'Specify DisableTaskMgr OR EnableTaskMgr'
        return
    }

if ($DisableLockWorkstation)
    {
        if (-not (Test-Path -Path $Path))
        {
            New-Item -Path $Path | Out-Null
        }
        New-ItemProperty -Path $Path -Name DisableLockWorkstation -Value 1 -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null
    }

if ($EnableLockWorkstation)
    {
        Remove-ItemProperty -Path $Path -Name DisableLockWorkstation -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }

if ($DisableTaskMgr)
    {
        if (-not (Test-Path -Path $Path))
        {
            New-Item -Path $Path | Out-Null
        }
        New-ItemProperty -Path $Path -Name DisableTaskMgr -Value 1 -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Out-Null
    }

if ($EnableTaskMgr)
    {
        Remove-ItemProperty -Path $Path -Name DisableTaskMgr -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    }
}

I like the PolicyFileEditor module: http://brandonpadgett.com/powershell/Local-gpo-powershell/

Hi, Thanks for your reply, it seems not working, after a splash powershell window, i checked the registry, nothing was changed

Hi, thanks for your reply, i installed the PolicyFileEditor, somehow i’m trying to figure it out how to make it working… could you make an example for me? like how to turn off taskmgr

It’s a function definition.
After you define it in the session, you can use following commands:

CtrlAltDel -DisableLockWorkstation -DisableTaskMgr
CtrlAltDel -EnableLockWorkstation -EnableTaskMgr

Also you can add any of there lines after function definition and use it like s script.

That blog teaches you. Do it in gpedit.msc, then you can export it to an xml with that module, or display it on the screen and see what the registry setting is.