Adding user from subdomain into a security group in the primary domain

I have two domains. the primary domain and then a subdomain of the primary. I have several users in the subdomain, and I want to add them into a security group that exists in the primary domain. How can I make this happen?

Hi Sam,

This is a powershell forum. Did you have some powershell code you needed help with?

Yes, I understand this is a powershell forum. -_-

How would I do this with powershell?

Hi samsepi,

I think what krzydoug is trying to allude to is that he wants to see if you have tried anything. What research have you done to show that you’ve made an attempt to see what could be used?

We are here not to write code for others, but to assist on questions about PowerShell code or concepts related.

The first thing that does come to mind is the cActiveDirectoryModule which can be installed from the Server Manager on any Windows machine. Do you have access to this? This is where I would start just based on this being related to Active Directory from the looks of it.

1 Like

Hey Samsepi,

Here to back up what Austin is saying, once you can confirm you have the active directory module installed you can use Powershell commands to assist you in the actions you want to take.

You can run Get-Command -Module ActiveDirectory

This will provide you with a long list of Cmdlets you can work with.