Updating 7.2.5 failing

I got the following messages when trying to update 7.2.5

Does this mean the updating of the other help files failed or what?

Please do not post images of code or error messages. instead post the plain text and format it as code.

That means that the update failed for the modules listed in the error message.

Is this directive to post text from a message posted somewhere - if so please notify me where.
I want to learn and be a good member.

That’s actually common sense. If you need to show for example a layout of a GUI or something what can not be shown in text of course you can post an image, sure. But for everything else it does not make any sense. In plain text - correctly formatted - it easier accessible. :wink:

It makes it much easier to read the error when posted as text formatted as code and thus easier to help you.

@Olaf, I am not going to argue if that is the way this forum works I will try to adhere to the rules. But it is not COMMON sense to me I thought it would expedite someone being able to see the message without any typos I would certainly have introduced.

Hi MacNala,

It should be easy to copy and paste it, without any need to type. If you’re having trouble with this, the answers here may be helpful.

1 Like

That’s why you copy the error message and post the plain text - of course you do not type it :wink: … this way it can even be found by search engines when someone searches for the text of a specific error. :wink:

Normally I agree that would be the correct solution but in this case the message appeared on a different machine to the one I use to connect to internet sites such as powerShell.org. There is no shared clipboard as far as I am aware. I suppose I could have copied it to Dropbox or OneDrive and pasted from there. I will remember next time.

1 Like

I note in your error that PSReadline has a lowercase ‘l’. See if these instructions resolve the problem for that module:

The help for ConfigDefenderPerformance is broken:
https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/17067

1 Like