Script to list all recipients and senders in a mailbox.

by RonR90 at 2012-09-20 12:22:53

I am looking to create a script that would export all of the email addresses of the senders and recipients inside of a mailbox. The end goal is to create of list of all of the domains that users inside of the mailbox have sent emails to and received emails from. I doubt I will be able to get a list of domains but if I could get a list of all of the email addresses that a user sent emails to and received from that would help me out a long way.

I have found some other scripts that get me close to what I need but not exactly and I do not know enough about power shell to possibly create my own so I am hoping someone here may be able to help.

Many thanks in advance!
by DonJ at 2012-09-21 17:59:33
Do you have something that’s close already, that we could perhaps start with? This is a fairly complex task - PowerShell has to actually open each mailbox (meaning you’ll need permission to do so), go through each message, and go through each recipient or sender. That’s going to be a lot of work for the shell, and pretty time-consuming to perform. While I won’t say PowerShell can’t do it (I’m sure it can), it probably wasn’t something Microsoft specifically had in mind…