New user - I'm unable to do update-help

Evening all!

I’m trying to get into PowerShell to automate some tasks in work (I am an IT Support Analyst and could use with some automation).

I was looking at the MVA videos and when I try to run update-help, I always get an error. Error is below :slight_smile:

update-help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) ‘ConfigDefender, Microsoft.WSMan.Management, PSReadline, WindowsUpdateProvider’ with UI culture(s) {en-GB} : Unable to retrieve the
HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-GB. Make sure the HelpInfoUri property in the module manifest is valid or check your network connection and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1

• update-help
  • CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:slight_smile: [Update-Help], Exception
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

I have looked up some articles before coming here and I have tried to solve this issue my self however I am unable too.

Does anyone have any advice? :slight_smile:

Ignore it and use the online help. That will save you from a lot of wasted time. :wink:

Try update-help with -uiculture set to your specific culture en-GB

update-help -uiculture en-GB

If the above didn’t solve your problem, set your culture to en-US then update help.

I’m having the exact same issue except en-US. I tried running it with the uiculture parameter set to en-US, with no luck.