Is it possible to trigger a phone call using powershell?

Hi Folks,

Could anyone please let me know if it’s possible to trigger a phone call using PowerShell? If yes, please share the guide document for the same.

Thank you.

Robin,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

I have never heard of something like this. On what kind of device would you like to initiate a phone call with PowerShell?

1 Like

Hi Olaf,

Thank you for the response. The scenario here is the PowerShell script will be ran based on an alert coming from Azure. For critical alerts we would like to initiate a phone call to corresponding support team mobile device. Is it possible via PowerShell or any alternatives?

Thank you.

And who or what should do this call? :thinking: :man_shrugging:t4:

You may reconsider your approach. How about an email or an SMS notification?

Again - I have never heard of something like this. So I don’t know.

You probably want to be looking at Power Automate or Logic Apps for this if you want to build your own solution.

Otherwise, there are commerical products such as PagerDuty that have this sort of functionality.

Although I don’t use it to make calls, I have a hardware GSM Gateway (HWg-SMS-GW3) which would allow for this.

I only use it to send SMS alerts but it can be configured to make calls too.

Either way you would need a service to make the actual calls, the above GSM Gateway uses a sim card but im sure there are online/API services that offer this too but Powershell would only make an API request to instigate the call.