How OneGet is supposed to work?

Hello,

I’m a little confused about chocolatey.exe+OneGet+WMF5 implementation. Mainly my confusion stems where applications are installed to and how they can be launched once installed. I used both Chocolatey and OneGet to install package “Conemu”. Chocolatey installed it under ProgramData and added that path to PATH environment variable so it’s easily discoverable.
On the other hand OneGet put it under c:\chocolatey\lib\ConEmu.16.6.5.0 which is not in PATH variable and not only that since it appended version number to the name even if I update my PATH variable it will be outdated next time update is run.
Am I missing something or how OneGet supposed to work in such situations?

[ADMIN]: PS > choco list -l
chocolatey 0.9.9.12
ConEmu 16.6.5.0
vcredist2010 10.0.40219.1
3 packages installed.
[ADMIN]: PS > get-package -ProviderName Chocolatey

Name                           Version          Source                         Summary
----                           -------          ------                         -------
ConEmu                         16.6.5.0         C:\Chocolatey\lib\ConEmu.16... ConEmu (short for Console Emulator) is a handy and full featured Windows console window (local terminal) with a lot of enhancements.
sysinternals                   2016.04.28       C:\Chocolatey\lib\sysintern... Sysinternals - utilities to help you manage, troubleshoot and diagnose your Windows systems and applications.
vcredist2010                   10.0.40219.1     C:\Chocolatey\lib\vcredist2... This package installs runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries. For libraries tha...

Chocolatey changed quite a bit since that original OneGet provider was written. Basically, don’t use it for now.

Rob is planning to write a new Chocolatey provider for OneGet (PackageManagement) at some point which will have better functionality and support.

You mean don’t use Chocolatey provider within OneGet or don’t use “chocolatey.exe”?

Don’t use the Chocolatey OneGet provider