Debloat Windows 10

https://github.com/EntityTech/Windows-10-Debloat.git

I was just tired of all the junk Microsoft loads your Win 10 up with when it’s installed or booted up for the first time, so I started playing around with a few things in powershell and came up with this.

Please check out my code and critique if you can and if you see room for improvement then let me know

Also hopefully I’m posting this code correctly below

#########
##Allows the script to run with right click "run with powershell"
#########

Add-Type -AssemblyName PresentationCore,PresentationFramework
If (!([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]'Administrator'))
{
  Start-Process -FilePath powershell.exe -ArgumentList ("-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File `"{0}`"" -f $PSCommandPath) -Verb RunAs
  Exit
}

#########
##Ignore Error messages and setting some variables
#########

$ErrorActionPreference = 'silentlycontinue'
$ButtonType = [Windows.MessageBoxButton]::YesNo
$ErrorIcon = [Windows.MessageBoxImage]::Error
$OdBody = 'Do you want to get rid of OneDrive?'
$WarnBody = 'Warning, this will remove ALL default Windows 10 apps where you will ONLY have the Windows Store left, do you want to continue?'
$MessageTitle = 'Confirm Delete'
$WarnIcon = [Windows.MessageBoxImage]::Warning

#########
##Warning about the script
#########

$StartInput = [Windows.MessageBox]::Show($WarnBody,$MessageTitle,$ButtonType,$WarnIcon)
If ($StartInput -eq 'Yes')  
{

#########
##Uninstall Bloat and all default windows apps except the store and prevents them from 
##coming back on future users but does not delete the store.
#########

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where {($_.Name -notlike '*store*')} | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Where {($_.Name -notlike '*store*')} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online

########
##The Registry path to prevent more apps from reinstalling later on.
########
$regPath = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent'
$regCDM = 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager'

New-Item -Path $regPath -Force
New-ItemProperty -Path $regPath -Name DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures -Value 1 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name ContentDeliveryAllowed -Value 0 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name PreInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled -Value 0 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name SilentInstalledAppsEnabled -Value 0 -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path $regCDM -Name SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled -Value 0 -Force
Remove-Item -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps
}
########
##Prompt to remove OneDrive from the computer.
########

$OdInput = [Windows.MessageBox]::Show($OdBody,$MessageTitle,$ButtonType,$ErrorIcon)

If ($OdInput -eq 'Yes')  
{
    New-PSDrive -PSProvider 'Registry' -Root 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT' -Name 'HKCR'
    $regOneDrive = 'HKCR:\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}'
    $regTwoDrive = 'HKCR:\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}'
    $PathHereOne = Test-Path -Path $regOneDrive
    $PathHereTwo = Test-Path -Path $regTwoDrive

Write-Output -InputObject 'Stopping OneDrive.'
    & "$env:windir\system32\taskkill.exe" /F /IM 'OneDrive.exe'
    & "$env:windir\system32\taskkill.exe" /F /IM 'explorer.exe'

Write-Output -InputObject 'Uninstalling OneDrive from the computer.'
    If (Test-Path -Path "$env:systemroot\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe") 
    {
      & "$env:systemroot\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe" /uninstall
    }
    If (Test-Path -Path "$env:systemroot\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe") 
    {
      & "$env:systemroot\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe" /uninstall
    }

Write-Output -InputObject 'Getting rid of extra files.'
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:localappdata\Microsoft\OneDrive"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:programdata\Microsoft OneDrive"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:HOMEDRIVE\OneDriveTemp"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OneDrive.lnk"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:userprofile\OneDrive"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:userprofile\Links\OneDrive"
    Remove-Item -Recurse -Force -Path "$env:windir\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup"

Write-Output -InputObject 'Checking to remove OneDrive from sidebar in windows explorer.'
    If ($PathHereOne -eq $True) 
    {
      Set-ItemProperty -Path $regOneDrive -Name System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree -Value 0 -Force
    }
    If ($PathHereOne -eq $False) 
    {
      New-Item -Path $regOneDrive -Force
      New-ItemProperty -Path $regOneDrive -Name System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree -Value 0 -Force
    }
    If ($PathHereTwo -eq $True) 
    {
      Set-ItemProperty -Path $regTwoDrive -Name System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree -Value 0 -Force
    }
    If ($PathHereTwo -eq $False) 
    {
      New-Item -Path $regTwoDrive -Force
      New-ItemProperty -Path $regTwoDrive -Name System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree -Value 0 -Force
    }
    Write-Output -InputObject 'Restarting explorer that got shut down before.'
    & "$env:windir\explorer.exe"
    Remove-PSDrive -Name 'HKCR'
}
########
##Returns the execution policy to default
########
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Force

Why not just use DISM on your install wim and remove the packages you don’t want from there rather than doing a tidy up post deployment ?

Do you realize that you’re also removing stuff like the Calculator, Edge, Paint, SoundRecorder etc with this script? Not sure if that is what you (or your users) actually want.

Well that’s what this is aimed at, I could use DISM if I was managing a bunch of computers but this is more for people who got a computer anywhere and doesn’t want it loaded up with all the junk apps Windows comes pre loaded with. So for the most part this is supposed to be post deployment

And yes, if you run the script I have a GUI popup warning you about losing ALL apps where ONLY the windows store will be left.

$WarnBody = ‘Warning, this will remove ALL default Windows 10 apps where you will ONLY have the Windows Store left, do you want to continue?’

I can probably add another line telling them they’ll need to reinstall those apps they do use like Calc or Mail but I thought the “ALL app except Store” warning was enough