Active Directory Module, book?

Any opinions on what currently is the best reference book for using poweshell with active directory?

For me? The help files that go with the module :wink: and a solid understanding of how AD works under the hood.

There’s a video here with the smart Ashley McGlone. Although it’s more for the one running the controller. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ashleymcglone/2016/04/01/powershell-video-training-from-microsoft/

All my experience has been with small office/s with 12-60 users and maybe two DC/s. I plan to apply for a job as a sys admin that stated " Familiarity with Powershell active directory module is a MUST". I have have never used powershell for AD with the small medical offices I deal with.

All the cmdlets names seem to match what I have done for years with the GUI. With a OU site map, help, whatIF, and a little practice on my home lab I think I’ll excel at this position. Thanks Mr. Jones, much respect!

I for sure have watched some videos from Mr. McGlore! I’ll watch a few again before an interview (if I can get one)

Also in Active Directory Administrative Center, you can enable a box at the bottom that shows the powershell code that’s run with each mouse click.

try Learn Active Directory Management in a Month of Lunches

It’ll take you through from scratch -covering users, groups, OUs, Group Policy, Managing DCs, Sites, Subnets, Site links, replication etc.

To be 100% open - I wrote it

Mr. Siddaway I looked at the two free chapters and it’s a nice book for a windows AD newbie. I have installed and supported every version of server starting with 3.51, but only with small numbers of mostly static users.

I still have a copy of 3.51 on disk if anyone wants one?