Unable to Install-Module AzureRM

Running PowerShell as Administartor

install-module -Name azurerm -force

Below is the error message , any ideas why?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> install-module -Name azurerm -force
PackageManagement\Install-Package : Cannot process argument transformation on parameter ‘InstalledModuleInfo’. Cannot
convert the “System.Object” value of type “System.Object” to type “System.Management.Automation.PSModuleInfo”.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1661 char:21

• … $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
  •                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Power…InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Excep
      tion
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Validate-ModuleAuthenticodeSignature,Microsoft.Powe
      rShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Hey there Manimaran,

Are you trying to install the module from a local source? Or from a PSRepository? If you’re going from the PowerShell Gallery PSRepository, I would recommend that you install all of the AzureRM modules and not rely on the Import-AzureRm from the AzureRm module. Try this:

(Find-Module azurerm).foreach({Install-Module -Name $PSItem.Name})

Hey Will, Thanks for the response.
From PSRepository. I ran the above command below is the error message I get

[1661,21: Install-Package] Cannot process argument transformation on parameter ‘InstalledModuleInfo’. Cannot convert the "
System.Object" value of type “System.Object” to type “System.Management.Automation.PSModuleInfo”.

Finally found the fix

removed the Azure* folders from below locations.

%ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules folder
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\PowerShell

Thanks
Mani

Glad you found the solution! Yeah, the AzureRm modules can get funky from time to time. Also, be sure to watch out when you use update-module against the AzureRm modules as they’ll sometimes just install the new version sibe-by-side with your older version and that can cause weirdness with the embedded dependencies in the modules.

Thanks Mani - I was also getting this (and this page is the only search result for it!). Your fixed worked on one of my 3 machines (there were Azure folders with older contents) but on the other 2 I’m somewhat reluctant to blow the Azure folders away as their contents were updated very recently. But worst case I suppose I could back them up first and then try.

Cheers
Brian

Hi Guys, just wanted to say thanks for the posts. This helped me solve why I couldn’t install these modules. Particularly Mani with the info about deleting data in the system folders. That is what got me sorted.

Thanks

Trent.