Tunnel 2 PS Sessions

Sorry if I don’t use the correct lingo, I’m not a native english speaker.

I need to connect to Azure but I’m being filtered out by the company’s proxy. I have a server that I use for that task.
I enabled WinRM on that server (Win2008), and tried to use as a tunnel/proxy to connect to Azure from my computer with no luck. Is this even possible?

Before you say it, changing the proxy’s rules is next to impossible with all the company’s regulations.

Thanks for your help.

You will probably need to use CredSSP authentication in order for this to work. Otherwise you’re likely to encounter the “second hop” problem of remoting. You can find details on this topic in the free “Secrets of PowerShell Remoting” eBook, linked to from the Resources menu on this site. ( https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7f868aa697b937fe&id=7F868AA697B937FE!107#cid=7F868AA697B937FE&id=7F868AA697B937FE!109 )

Awesome, Dave.

I’ll take a look.

We also need to be clear on your terminology.

What do you mean by “tunnel?” A Virtual Private Network connection to Azure?

If you could provide more specifics, we might be able to provide better suggestions.

Hi Don,

What I would need is to access Azure Powershell from my computer that has a proxy restriction.
I have a server that doesn’t have this restriction.

I can remote to this server, but once I try to connect to Azure PS it still fails.

Something like this:

PS> Enter-PSSession -ComputerName COMPUTER
[computer] PS> $msolcred = get-credential
[computer] PS> connect-msolservice -credential $msolcred

Thanks,
Valentin