Lync Online - WinRM Nightmare

Hi Everyone,

Me again! Sorry to be a pain!

So we have a proxy in place on our systems which was preventing us from accessing Powershell and we were seeing the usual WinRM message. This is no longer an issue after adding $proxyOptions = New-PSSessionOption -ProxyAccessType IEConfig to the script.

When I try and connect to Lync Online via PowerShell I can’t seem to get access for the life of me. I always get the following:

New-PSSession : [ps.outlook.com] Connecting to remote server ps.outlook.com failed
with the following error message : WinRM cannot process the request. The following
error occurred while using Kerberos authentication: Cannot find the computer
ps.outlook.com. Verify that the computer exists on the network and that the name
provided is spelled correctly. For more information, see the
about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:1 char:6

• $a = New-PSSession -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell - …
  •  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme…RemoteRunspace:RemoteRun
      space) [New-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : NetworkPathNotFound,PSSessionOpenFailed

If I try and incorporate the proxy line into the script it doesn’t appear to make any difference. Have any of you guys come across this in the past?

I’ve not, and frankly I’d open a support incident with Microsoft. I mean, you pay for this service. But verify that Kerberos is what you’re supposed to be using - I wasn’t expecting that. Kerberos is going to look in your local AD for a ticket, which it obviously isn’t going to get. You sure you’re not supposed to be using Basic over SSL or something else?