The Powershell Panacea

I would like to create a single Powershell user interface for managing on-premise Active Directory, on-premise Exchange, on-premise Skype for Business and Office 365. The ultimate goal is to encapsulate various business processes, in such a way that they can be used both manually and for automation, without requiring the installation of the various prerequisites.

Before I begin, I wondered if someone might want to share their experience in creating a similar environment. Particularly around remoting or setting up the remote environment. I have plenty of experience with module creation, so, I’m not worried so much about that.

Thanks in advance.

Good bloody luck. Although honestly, why not set up a “management server” where you install all the pre-requisites, and simply remote into THAT to run whatever commands (or scripts) you need?

Well… until Don Jones crushed my dreams, I had the naive notion that (with a little Powershell Remoting magic), folks could work from their own machines. The “management server” option was a last resort.

Seriously though, thanks for snapping me back to reality. I might have floundered for a while, trying to make magic happen.