Starting the podcasts

Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum.
I’m just starting out with beginner videos on Powershell using Pluralsight, I am IT engineer already but I’m very interested on getting up to speed as quickly as possible and getting the benefits of Powershell. So as part of my “getting into powershell mode” I’m thinking of listening to the podcasts on here. So, to my question, would you recommend starting from Episode 1 or would the information on the old ones be out of date and a bit pointless now?

Thanks a lot!
Mark

Welcome to the wonderful world of PowerShell!!!

I would recommend THESE videos to get you started, also the eBooks on top of the screen.

Code on!!

Nice one, cheers for that recommendation. I’ve heard of the month of lunches series before didn’t think of looking up the powershell ones.

Welcome, I’m sure you’ll enjoy your adventure learning PowerShell… it’s great fun and has taken me into lots of interesting areas of IT and help improve my skills and career immensely.

The PowerShell podcast is a good listen, they recommend for a beginner to listen to the first 10 episodes where they explain the concepts of PowerShell. Another great podcast to listen to is runas radio, lots of good discussion with interesting guests on a wide variety of IT topics. I’ve linked to the PowerShell shows, listening to them will give you an idea of what people are doing with PowerShell.

I definitely recommend getting “learn PowerShell in a month of lunches”, great read and will get you up to speed quickly.

Couple of other video courses I found helpful (and for the bargain price of free) are:

Getting Started with PowerShell on Microsoft Virtual Academy

And when you get comfortable with PowerShell and want to progress:

Advanced Tools & Scripting

Enjoy!

Cheers

PST to MBOX Converter is a comprehensive tool, designed to export PST database into different file formats full precision. A complete PST to Mbox conversion utility movieseverything the mailbox items, contacts, notes, tasks, calendars of ANSI or Unicode file into MBOX, EML, MSG, HTML & vCard format,.