set-processmitigation command not found

Hello,

I have 2 admin accounts on my Windows 10 system, one is the local system admin and the other is a global domain account. I’m trying to use the set-processmitigation command in Powershell. It works with the domain account but not with the local account. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Travis

What is the error you are getting ?

The term ‘set-processmitigation’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Seems to be a path issue?

If it’s the same version of powershell, I’m not sure. My windows 10 test machine recognized the command with domain/local for both standard and admin prompt. You’re not connecting to a remote session? Perhaps you could provide more detail about what you actually ran, the environment, etc.

Did you install it with the scope “current user”?

I’ve narrowed down the issue, my local account is running Powershell x86 while the other is running the normal one. Whats strange is even if I specify the non-x86 (C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe), it still launches the x86 version with my local account. In the non-x86 Powershell, if I run Get-Module -ListAvailable, I see the module I need and can run the command. In x86 the module is not listed. Now I’m trying to figure out if I can export the module and import it in x86/modules somehow. Powershell came pre-loaded on this laptop.

Sounds more like session configuration.

Looks like I was able to get around it by forcing the local account to launch C:\Windows\SysNative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe. That seemed to pickup the missing modules. Thanks for the feedback everyone.