POwershell3.0 WebAccess on Windows Server 2008R2

by AndreSch at 2013-03-05 02:51:15

Hi Guys,

i read in the www that Powershell 3.0 has implemented a WebAccess like OutlookWebAccess. I´ve tried to install it on a Windows Server 2008 R2 to test ist. But i didn´t work. I asked google but there are no answers for Server 2008 R2. I only found small Guides to install it on a Server 2012.
Has anyone tried to install it on a Server 2008 R2 or isn´t it possible.
In my case i´ve got a Webapplication an want to trigger a Powershellscript.
The Authentication between Client and the PowershellWebAccess Gateway looks fine for my Solution.

Has anyone an Idea.

Greetz

AndreSch
by AlexBrassington at 2013-03-05 03:33:04
You can install it on 2008R2. I’ve done it a few times. You need to install the Windows Management Framework 3.0 which is available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … x?id=34595

Note that not all products are compatible with version 3.0. SharePoint (a subject dear to my heart) for example isn’t compatible at the moment. If you’re installing this on a production server then check before hand that your particular applications are supported in 3.0.

Edit: Guidance from Microsoft on this topic: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powershell/arch … pdate.aspx
by AndreSch at 2013-03-05 04:35:02
Hey Alex,

thx for the answer. THe PowerShell 3.0 is running. I´ve tested t with the “$host” Variable, but i didn´t find the The Feature in the Server Manager. Is there a trick to launch the WebAccess. Because in the Folder c:\Windows\Web isn´t a Powershell Folder.
That my problem. I need the Scripts in this folder to setup the Web Access.

Greetz Andre
by cookie.monster at 2013-03-05 15:47:50
Hi all,

I think there may be some confusion here. PowerShell Web Access is a feature specific to Windows Server 2012. Windows Server 2012 is required from what I understand; I have never seen or heard otherwise, and I regularly hear that Server 2012 is required.

AndreSch - Could you expand on your goal a bit? You may not need PowerShell Web Access for this. PSWA is more of an operational tool to allow administrators access when they are not inside the network perimeter or don’t have access to a computer with PowerShell.