PowerShell Web Access - Connectivity Issues

Hi everyone!

Fresh install of Server Core 2012 R2. Based on my other thread, it’s going to be Hyper-V, but also managed via PowerShell via PSWA (per Don Jones’ prodding). Here’s the problem: I’ve got it installed, I’ve got the authorization rules and such setup, but when I try to connect, I get the following:

The Windows PowerShell Web Access gateway cannot establish a connection to the destination computer. This can happen if Windows PowerShell remote management is not enabled on the destination computer. Consult the event log on the gateway server for more information.

I am using the Test SSL certificate on it. And I had it working exactly once (no clue what I did, not eve sure I actually did anything), and now I’m back to getting those errors again. Google has proved relatively fruitless at this point.

Anyone else run into this before? Any ideas? Event logs aren’t showing much either.

Thanks!
Scott

Small update. I rebuilt real quick, since I hadn’t made it very far into anything else. This time around, I must have done something differently. Previously, I had to expand the optional connection settings and say Yes to Use SSL. Now I don’t, and so far it’s been flawless. Not sure what the difference is, but I think I’m set for now. Most of this is pretty new to me from this aspect (PSWA, Hyper-V, Server Core). All because I want to learn DSC. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

PWA is it’s own beast. We did a chapter for the new In Depth - worth reading up on. Gonna try and get Helmick to do a PWA ebook.

Awesome… I will have to dig up my copy of it. Thanks!

I just re-read what you wrote… Is that for an upcoming In Depth, or the latest published In Depth? I quickly glanced at the latest published, and didn’t see it, but I may have been looking in the wrong spot.

2nd edition.

Ahhhh… Hadn’t noticed that. I have now acquired and will be looking into it. Thanks!

hi i installed pswa but i getting this error again and again

The Windows PowerShell Web Access gateway cannot establish a connection to the destination computer. Contact the gateway administrator.

please help