PowerShell Core 6.0.2 connectivity error

Good afternoon!
Looking at Powershell core, trying to establish a connection from windows2012 to a fedora26 vm and a redhat7 vm. Both linux vm’s have powershell core installed and I can establish connectivity between the linux vm’s from the pwsh prompt. However from windows 2012 to fedora26 vm using the following commands:
New-PSSession -HostName 192.168.233.130 -Username nlong -SSHTransport I get the following error message:

• FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
    PS C:\Powershell_Test> New-PSSession -HostName 192.168.233.130 -Username nlong -
    SSHTransport^C
    PS C:\Powershell_Test> New-PSSession -HostName 192.168.233.130 -Username nlong -
    SSHTransport
    New-PSSession : [192.168.233.130] An error has occurred which PowerShell cannot
    handle. A remote session might have ended.
    At line:1 char:1
  • New-PSSession -HostName 192.168.233.130 -Username nlong -SSHTransport
  • CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme…RemoteRunspace:RemoteRu
    nspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotingDataStructureException
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
    PS C:\Powershell_Test>

Have installed kitty on the windows2012 vm and can via kitty establish an ssh connection to our fedora and rhel7 vm’s.

There must be something I’m missing or not understanding. Any insights would be appreciated.

Norm

Hi Norm,
On your Windows system are you using PowerShell Core (pwsh) to initiate the SSH based remoting session from Windows->Linux? If you want to use SSH remoting into your Windows boxes, check out this link here for setting that up. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/core-powershell/ssh-remoting-in-powershell-core?view=powershell-6#setup-on-windows-machine

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Anthony;
Using pwsh for windows to linux connectivity.

Norm