installing .net framework 4.6 on windows server 2012 r2

How do I go about installing .net framework 4.6 on a windows server 2012 R2 server? It is not available as a windows feature and i can’t find an MSI installer for it. Is this currently possible with DSC?

That’s really more of a .NET question than a PowerShell question. But, did you look at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130?

That web installer download and the offline installer downloader are both EXEs. I normally try to find the MSI installer for use with the Package resource. Thoughts on how best to invoke and silently install the .net framework EXE? I am also a little confused as to if .NET 4.6 will be available as a “windows feature” so that i can install with the “WindowsFeature” resource? 3.5 and 4.5 are available as a “windows feature” but not 4.0 or 4.6 etc? What determines if something is a windows feature or not? I realize this may not be the right place for asking these questions… :slight_smile: But better out-of-my-mind than in :slight_smile:

I haven’t found an MSI either. You’d need to open a case with Microsoft on that. And I can’t comment on whether or not it’ll be a “feature,” of course - again, that’s in Microsoft’s hands.