I want to use a DSC script to add WindowsFeatures like WCF Activation.
- Taregt machine is 2008 R2 SP1
- Dot Net version is 4.5.50709, confirmed via the registry
- WMF is version 4 was installed. (though $PSVersionTable says 3.0)
- Powershell version is 4, as per PSVersionsTable
- Various reboots have been applied.
Several things appear wrong.
Firstly the DSC script (run from a remote machine) returns an error saying “The requested feature NET-WCF-Services45 is not found on the target machine.” and running “Add-WindowsFeature NET-WCF-Services45” from the machine also returns an error saying “Invalid role, role service, or feature:”
Running Get-WindowsFeature returns .Net 3.5 but no mention of .Net 4.5
Looking at adding roles through the GUI and again, only .Net 3.5 shows.
What am I missing? Where has my .Net 4.5 gone?
I’m sure it’s something daft I’ve done, or not done, some step I’ve missed maybe.