Getting error when running cmdlet: Update-Help

Update-Help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) ‘ConfigDefender, HostNetworkingService, PSReadline,
WindowsUpdateProvider’ with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to retrieve the HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-US.
Make sure the HelpInfoUri property in the module manifest is valid or check your network connection and then try the
command again.
At line:1 char:1

• Update-Help
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Update-Help], Exception
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

Update-Help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) ‘HgsClient, HgsDiagnostics’ with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable
to connect to Help content. The server on which Help content is stored might not be available. Verify that the server
is available, or wait until the server is back online, and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1

• Update-Help
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Update-Help], Exception
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToConnect,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

And what is the question? That is a very common error - unfortunately - and discussed at least a thousand times all over the internet. You can always access the help online if you don’t have it local.

Hi,

I guess it is problem from MS side, by looking at HelpInfoUri property of module (Get-Module -Name hgsclient -ListAvailable | select helpinfouri) and trying to browse that URL you will get error. So it seems that is the reason why update-help cannot update this module. I had same results when I run update-help on my computer Win10 (HgsClient, HgsDiagnostics, NetworkControllerDiagnostics).