get-dscconfigurationstatus fails on Server 2016

I am having an issue where I am unable to run get-dscconfiguraitonstatus on my 2016 servers returning the following error message: A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code

I have tried deploying fresh 2016 VM’s without previous configurations and added to Azure DSC and assigned with and without a configuration. I should note that everything works fine I just can’t view the status using the cmdlet which isn’t a show stopper, just really annoying. My 2008 and 2012 VM’s work without issue connected to the same Azure Automation account and with the same DSC configurations applied and they work fine. Any help would be appreciated I don’t see anything in the event logs that would help narrow down why this is happening.

Error:

writeErrorStream      : True
PSMessageDetails      :
OriginInfo            :
Exception             : Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimException: A general error occurred that is not covered
                        by a more specific error code.
                           at Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.Internal.Operations.CimAsyncObserverProxyBase`1.Proce
                        ssNativeCallback(OperationCallbackProcessingContext callbackProcessingContext, T currentItem,
                        Boolean moreResults, MiResult operationResult, String errorMessage, InstanceHandle
                        errorDetailsHandle)
TargetObject          : MSFT_DSCLocalConfigurationManager
CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_DSCLocalConfigurationManager:root/Microsoft/...gurationManager)
                        [Get-DscConfigurationStatus], CimException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : MI RESULT 1,Get-DscConfigurationStatus
ErrorDetails          :
InvocationInfo        : System.Management.Automation.InvocationInfo
ScriptStackTrace      :
PipelineIterationInfo : {0, 1}