Cannot retrieve DSC status in Windows 2016

Hi all,

I’m trying to apply DSC (PUSH mode) on Windows Server 2016 (Azure VM). All works fine, DSC finishes, I get the event 4251 (Operation Consistency Check or Pull completed successfully.), but when I try to get the status from PowerShell console, with Get-DscConfigurationStatus, I receive : WarningMessage LCM failed to retrieve the configuration status for file: C:\Windows\System32\Configuration\ConfigurationStatus{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx}-0.mof

This is the LCM config:
Job runs under the following LCM setting.
ConfigurationMode: ApplyOnly
ConfigurationModeFrequencyMins: 15
RefreshMode: PUSH
RefreshFrequencyMins: 30
RebootNodeIfNeeded: NONE
DebugMode: True

Any idea why I can’t get the status? I need this in an automated pipeline, which determines that DSC has finished and continues with other configuration steps.
FYI, this works perfectly on Windows Server 2012 R2 (Azure VM).
Thanks,
Sorin

I can’t say why it is unable to retrieve the mof file. I am doing similar processing and run Test-DSCConfiguration with the path to my mof file to verify that I am in a compliant state. Seems like Get-DSCConfiguirationStatus would make sense, but I suppose you could do it either way?

Thanks for the reply. Will try that too, but I still can’t figure out why Get-DscConfigurationStatus won’t work.