Get-AdComputer cmdlet on Windows 2003 SP2 Server

I am using Windows 2003 SP2 as my Domain Controller. I have installed the Active Directory Management Gateway Service which the intention of enabling Get-AdComputer cmdlet in Powershell v2. But despite this I am unable to import the cmdlet.

I have two queries now

Does the Active Directory cmdlets work with Windows 2003 Server?
If not, is it possible that I can remote it from another member server which runs Windows 2008 R2 Server?

The ActiveDirectory module itself requires at least Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7. It is installed automatically on Domain Controllers that are 2008 R2 or later, but otherwise, you have to install the Remote Server Admin Tools pack.

You can connect to any DC which has the AD Management Gateway Service running, so your Windows 2003 SP2 domain controller should be all set. You just need to run the actual commands from a different computer.

Thanks Dave,

Should I be enabling the Windows Remote Management on Windows 2003 Server to be able to import the module from the remote machine?

Nope. AD Web Service / Management Gateway Service isn’t related to WinRM. It has its own port.

I’m not sure what you mean by “import the module from the remote machine”, though.

Thanks Dave, I installed the Remote Server Admin Tools Pack on my Windows 7 Machine and had it working smooth