Note: My original post with the same titel got lost or something. I have no clue what happened.
Over the years I have gathered a nice collection of modules. Here are some of my favorites:
- dbachecks - SQL Server Infrastructure Tests
- dbatools - automate database development and server administration
- ImportExcel - import/export Excel spreadsheets, without Excel
- NTFSSecurity - manage file and folder security on NTFS volumes
- Pansies - handling color and cursor positioning via ANSI escape sequences
- PoshRSJob - use runspaces to create jobs that allow throttling and quicker execution of commands
- PowerLine - richer output and prompts
- PSEverything - Powershell access to Everything for fast file system searches
- PSLogging - creates and manages log files for your scripts
- PSWindowsUpdate - Windows Update Client
- SNMP - manage systems using SNMP
- SqlServer - automate database development and server administration
- Universal Dashboard - cross-platform module for developing websites and REST APIs
- VMware.PowerCLI - manage Vmware environments
- Z - quickly navigate the file system based on your cd command history
I know there are definitely some gems I am missing or I should switch from one to another.
What are some of your favorite modules?
Did you write one you like to share?
Do you know a nicely curated list of awesome ones?