Does OleDB work under Powershell Core?

I have a simple script that accesses a Microsoft ACCESS database using the so-called OleDB and ACE drivers. It works fine in Win 7 (64-bit) in PS 5.1 (ISE). When I ported the script to Win10 (64-bit), I also got it to work in PS 5.1/ISE. I installed the ACE module successfully in PS Core with the command:

Install-module -name ACE

followed by

GCM -module ACE

to verify the Get-ACEData cmdlet is now installed.
Also, I reinstalled on the Win10 PC (as part of the effort to make it work in Win PS 5.1/ISE) the required software - Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (64-bit).

But when I ran the script in VS Code/PS Core, I got the error message:

Cannot find type [Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection]: verify that the assembly containing this type is loaded.

This is clearly attributable to the 2nd line in the initialization statements in the script:

$connStr="Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=$AccessFile;Persist Security Info=False"
$conn = New-Object Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection($connStr)
$conn.open()

I’d be grateful for any tips or guidance why this is happening in VS Code/PS Core, but not in WinPS 5.1 ISE. Sincere thanks.

Seems like these .Net classes from Access Database Engie is not supported in .net core. Below is an article which shows how to make it work in .Net Core.

https://medium.com/@daniel.sagita/using-microsoft-access-in-net-core-b419dbeceab1

Many thanks Mr KVprasoon … I am wondering how one discovers these facts about whether or not a particular product or software component is already certified to work – or even if it is in the works. It took me a while to get ACE/OleDb (and the MADE2010 Redistributable of Microsoft) to work for Powershell 5.1/ISE … now we have to move again to PS Core. Is it safe to assume that .Net Core will be the “preferred” or “recommended” .NET when using PS Core? In any case, my sincerest gratitude to you for this tip. Best,

The above information is based on my assumption, You could wait for other’s input as well. If I am right, support for .Net core for the above will defenitely come in future.

Many thanks, much appreciated.