Have you tried?
Did your effort fail?
Where is the code you used for this effort?
What errors are you getting (please show them)?
Splunk is just an MSI, so, all the normal msi install items apply with PoSH.
Installing MSI packages using PowerShell Desired State Configuration
Install Splunk Enterprise from the command line
This could also turn out not to be a PoSH restriction, as you can look up and see Splunk’s forums.
Are there any PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) resources to set up Spunk servers?
I am working on on a project to set up Splunk servers using Desired State Configuration (DSC). I am surprised that there are not any resources out there to do this. Am I missing something? Is there a big reason why nothing out there exists, e.g. it’s not possible?
Splunk has a PoSH Resource Kit. Have you looked to it for your efforts.
Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit
Using the Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit, Windows administrators can manage and extend their Splunk environment to support a variety of tasks. With this first version of the resource kit, administrators can manage Splunk’s topology, configure its internals, and engage the Splunk search engine from a PowerShell session.
- Install a Splunk forwarder remotely using an MSI.
- Install a Splunk forwarder remotely using GNU Wget.
- Deploy forwarders to all hosts from Active Directory.
- Deploy forwarders to all hosts in an Active Directory organizational unit.
- Deploy forwarders to all hosts in an Active Directory group.
- Deploy forwarders to all hosts in a domain.