Count Results

running a one liner to remove enterprise vault from a number of mailboxes, it runs successfully and shows results on screen and to a text file. I would simply like to have a total at the bottom of the results indicating how many were completed, I’ve tried various ways to accomplish this and at best it came back with 10 items completed but actually there were only 3 items completed.

D:\PROGRA~1\ENTERP~1\evpm.exe -e Server1 -m EVServer1 -f D:\PROGRA~1\ENTERP~1\zap.ini | tee-object -filepath “D:\PROGRA~1\ENTERP~1\zap-log$(get-date -f yyyy-MM-dd)-Server1.txt” | Write-Host

Here’s the screen output:

Creating privileged MAPI session …

Parsing input file: D:\PROGRA~1\ENTERP~1\zap.ini

Processing input file

Processing mailbox: /o=Test/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (Test)/cn=Recipients/cn=TestMBX1

Processing mailbox: /o=Test/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (Test)/cn=Recipients/cn=TestMBX2

Processing mailbox: /o=Test/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (Test)/cn=Recipients/cn=TestMBX3

What I’m trying to accomplish is to have “3 total mailboxes completed” at the bottom of the above output.

Meh. Unfortunately you’re not actually running a PowerShell command, so you’re just getting text. I’d suggest piping it to Select-String and selecing on something like “Processing mailbox” as your pattern. Pipe that to Measure-Object and it should count the matches.