Clear Outlook 2013 Autocomplete list to remote computers

Good afternoon everyone and please excuse my n00bn3ss in the forum.

I have no experience with PS but I understand how powerful and handy it is and have been using sample scripts I’ve found online to apply in the work environment. (performing uninstalls, getting apps installed on remote PC, starting services, etc). I purchased my copy of Learn Windows Powershell in a month of lunches 3rd edition so I’ve only started.

I am looking to do the following if possible.
I currently use in our environment a product called PDQDeploy. This allows me to push installations of software updates/packages to remote computers. It has the ability of running PS Scripts as well.
The environment we are in is Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2013 on our user’s computers. I want to send a PS script to run on a remote computer to clear Outlook’s AutoComplete list.

Ive seen scripts out there but they seem to be only for Outlook 2010.
I wouldn’t know where to start.
Any assistance would be truly appreciated.

Thanks for buying the book :slight_smile:

Not really. The problem with that list is that it’s stored in a way that you can’t really impact easily from remote. You’d need to run a script inside the logged-on user context, and even then the relevant object model might not even work against newer versions of Outlook.

ah, … was afraid of that.
I thought since the file that stores the autocomplete for Outlook 2013/2016 in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache that somehow there was a way to clear it.

Guess will need to do it for each user.
Thanks for the quick response! :slight_smile: