Can a WMF 5 pull server manage a WMF 4 node

Hi,

I have been testing DSC and just upgraded the Pull server from WMF 4 to 5 preview. I have two nodes (1 WMF4 and 1 WMF5 preview). When the pull server was WMF4 everything worked fine on both servers. After upgrading the pull server to WMF5 preview and after pushing the LCM configurations to the nodes; the node with WMF4 does not seem to be getting the configuration. When i run a test-dscconfiguration or get-dscconfiguration I get a “Test-DSCConfiguration : current configuration does not exist”

This is crazy! Please help/advise!

There are some differences that can cause problems. Have you checked the log on both server and node?

I encountered similar issue when I test WMF 5 preview. I think some syntax are not compatible and I have to install WMF 5 on both nodes and server to get it work!

I ran into this recently also.

Mike Robbins has a great post discussing the issue and a quick script to regex change some of the formatting in a .mof that was generated on a PS Version 4 host to work with Version 5 LCM.

http://mikefrobbins.com/2014/10/30/powershell-desired-state-configuration-error-undefined-property-configurationname/

The issue itself has been mentioned to MS, so they’re aware of the issue.