WMF 5 Build configuration for WMF 4

Hi,
my PS Pull Server (Windows 2008 R2) is now on WMF5. If i build a configuration and apply it to a node where WMF 4 is installed, i get the following error:

This event indicates that failure happens when LCM is trying to get the configuration from pull server using download manager WebDownloadManager. ErrorId is 0x1. ErrorDetail is Undefined property ConfigurationName
 At line:17, char:2

If i remove ConfigurationName property from the mof and recreate the checksum file i get another failure with the next property. The last error i get is “Decryption failed”.

Is there a way i can build a WMF4 mof file from WMF5?

Thanks

I haven’t tested this scenario with the WMF 5 RTM yet. However, a patch was released for WMF 4 which added some future-proofing to the MOF files; there’s a section which tells it the properties that it should ignore. (This was released with the November 2014 rollup for Server 2012 R2, KB3000850. I think it was supposed to be released for other operating systems as well, but I’m having trouble finding the link at the moment.)

However, the “encrypt the whole MOF file” feature is new, and I’m not sure what happens at this point. Better would be to either compile the MOF from a WMF 4 system, or upgrade to WMF 5 across the board.

Wyatt is right. it’s best to compile on the target platform. The update to WMF 4 released November 2014 fixed the error your dealing with, but there are a number of other bugs I have ran into every time I try mixing version.

Thanks for your input. Now i need to wait when WMF 5 RTM is available again.