xDhcpServer - How to handle authorization?

I’ve been playing with xDhcpServer recently and it’s been working perfectly except for the fact I still have to manually run Add-DhcpServerInDC to “authorize” the DHCP server to actually function. I’d like to know how other people are handling this when trying to deploy a 100% DSC defined environment?

I’d look at using the Add-DhcpServerinDC cmdlet from the DHCP server module in Windows 2012 R2… See https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590712(v=wps.630).aspx fro details

Hi Richard, thank you for your post. As per my original post I’m already using Add-DhcpServerInDC to manually authorize the DHCP server. We have 64 DHCP servers and I would prefer DSC to make sure all of them are authorized and stay that way.

I was hoping for some scenarios on how people are currently using xDhcpServer since the DHCP service won’t function until DHCP is authorized. Is everyone using a Script Resource with Add-DhcpServerinDC or is there a cDhcpServer resource out there (that supports authorization) that someone has built and not released into the wild? I’d hate to re-invent the wheel.