Unable to get Modules from PullServer

HI Team,

Here is the issue I find when I try to pull the configuration in my test node.

This event indicates that failure happens when LCM is trying to get the configuration from pull server using download manager WebDownloadManager. ErrorId is 0x1. ErrorDetail is Cannot find module xWebAdministration_1.3.2 from the server http://arwdotnetpst01.mw.na.cat.com:8080/PSDSCPullServer.svc/Module(ConfigurationId=‘e7f08f62-4a50-4cd3-b88f-c7f62435d05c’,ModuleName=‘xWebAdministration’,ModuleVersion=‘1.3.2’)/ModuleContent.

The module is supposed to be pulled from Pull Server’s ModulePath as per the WCF Service, but it is failing with a 404 error and I checked the log also and found nothing much on error.

Any comment will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Aravinda

Well, in general, that means it was looking for xWebAdministration.zip and either didn’t find it, or didn’t find the accompanying checksum file. Both would need to be located in the pull server’s designated Resources folder. It does NOT come from the Pull Server’s own PSModule path. So it’d help to know how you’ve configured the pull server - what directories is it meant to be using?

Configured the PullServer with the below Configuration Script

configuration Sample_xDscWebService
{
param
(
[string]$NodeName = ‘localhost’,

[ValidateNotNullOrEmpty()] 
    [string] $certificateThumbPrint = "AllowUnencryptedTraffic"
) 

Import-DSCResource -ModuleName xPSDesiredStateConfiguration 

Node $NodeName 
{ 
    WindowsFeature DSCServiceFeature 
    { 
        Ensure = "Present" 
        Name   = "DSC-Service"             
    } 
    WindowsFeature WinAuth 
    { 
        Ensure = "Present" 
        Name   = "web-Windows-Auth"             
    } 

xDscWebService PSDSCPullServer 
    { 
        Ensure                  = "Present" 
        EndpointName            = "PullSvc" 
        Port                    = 8080 
        PhysicalPath            = "$env:SystemDrive\inetpub\wwwroot\PSDSCPullServer" 
        CertificateThumbPrint   = $certificateThumbPrint          
        ModulePath              = "$env:PROGRAMFILES\WindowsPowerShell\DscService\Modules" 
        ConfigurationPath       = "$env:PROGRAMFILES\WindowsPowerShell\DscService\Configuration"             
        State                   = "Started" 
        DependsOn               = "[WindowsFeature]DSCServiceFeature"                         
    } 

xDscWebService PSDSCComplianceServer 
    {   
        Ensure                  = "Present" 
        EndpointName            = "DscConformance" 
        Port                    = 9090 
        PhysicalPath            = "$env:SystemDrive\inetpub\wwwroot\PSDSCComplianceServer" 
        CertificateThumbPrint   = "AllowUnencryptedTraffic" 
        State                   = "Started" 
        IsComplianceServer      = $true 
        DependsOn               = @("[WindowsFeature]DSCServiceFeature","[WindowsFeature]WinAuth","[xDSCWebService]PSDSCPullServer") 
    } 
} 

}

I kept all the modules in the ModulePath which I gave in the above code,but not in zip format and no checksum in that folder. Could you please provide me a url or some reference how to keep the modules in pull server so that it can be utilised by target node?

Thanks,
Aravinda

Read “The DSC Book.” Modules must be ZIPped and must have a checksum file. The node can’t just pull them from a folder.

Thanks Don…
The issue is resolved and this one is awesome book.