Trying to execute power-shell at user startup

Hi All,

I’m trying to achieve something due by Org policies.

I have the below command, i’m able to manually run it through CMD but when running in user start up (say Run once registry key or through Active setup registry) it is not writing the registry.

I’m not user where the mistake is, can some one guide me. Command line below:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoLogo -NoProfile -executionpolicy ByPass -command $personal = $env:USERPROFILE; $personal = $personal + “\Documents\Custom Office Templates”; Reg ADD “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Options” /v “PersonalTemplates” /d $personal /t REG_SZ /f;

I was told that when there is no console, there could be issue in resolving the environment variables, so i have even tried below and luck

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoLogo -NoProfile -executionpolicy ByPass -command $personal = $(get-itemproperty ‘HKCU:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders’).personal;$personal = $personal + ‘\Custom Office Templates’;Reg ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\Options" /v "PersonalTemplates" /d $personal /t REG_SZ /f;

First suggestion would be to use Powershell and not REG.EXE as it’s unnecessary to mix them:

Set-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Options -Name PersonalTemplates -Value ("{0}\Documents\Custom Office Templates" -f $env:USERPROFILE)

I would try and let you know the feedback