Running PowerShell from RunOnce

by pizzim13 at 2012-11-14 16:45:14

I am trying to run a set of powershell commands during a template customization. These commands are injected into the RunOnce in the registry.

%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command &{Add-Type -Assembly System.Web; [Web.Security.Membership]::GeneratePassword(21,7) | Select-Object @{N="Group";E={"Test Group"}}, @{N="Username";E={"TestUser"}}, @{N="Password";E={$_}} | Export-Csv -Path C:\stuff\user.csv -NoTypeInformation}
I know that these commands work, as I can run them in a powershell console. I know that "%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command &{PSCODE}" is correct because other runonce commands will run correctly. I cannot figure out what part of my syntax is failing.
by DonJ at 2012-11-15 04:04:53
Are you getting any kind of error? Have you tried putting all of this into a .PS1 file, and executing that instead of embedding the entire command in the registry? This may also be a matter of context - when RunOnce executes, the system isn’t necessarily 100% up and running, and the user environment isn’t necessarily 100% built, yet.
by pizzim13 at 2012-11-15 12:09:56
No errors. The console would not open either. Running these commands from a script file via the runonce does work. I cant explain it.