Thoughts about ScriptRunner or alternatives

Hi, I’m wondering if people here have experience with ScriptRunner (https://www.scriptrunner.com) and/or can suggest alternative programs to help my non-scripting IT colleagues run my scripts.

I am part of a small IT team, my manager, our network admin, and two tier 1 helpdesk techs, and I would like for all of them to be able to run scripts and see results in a simplified interface rather than having to work with commands in the shell which not all are inclined to do.

I like what I see with ScriptRunner so far but have not done much more than look at the website and some of their training videos. I did play with their demo portal briefly too.

I remember seeing DIY versions of this kind of thing put forward over the years but don’t remember them now.

Do people have any experience with these types of systems and could share opinions and recommendations? Thanks!

Todd

Todd,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t3:

I have seen some demos about ScriptRunner but I don’t have any experience. For our client we have SCCM in place. :man_shrugging:t3:

If you want to make it easier for your less scripting affine colleagues to use PowerShell code you could use .Net Interactive Notebooks. There you can combine markdown formatted explanation along with the code and the output the code produces.

An alternative to Scriptrunner may be

As far as I can remember it’s even easier to set up and maintain. But that could be a misinterpretation from my side. :wink: :man_shrugging:t3: At least they are more transparent with their pricing.

PowerShell Universal:

I’ve been using PowerShell Universal and have been very happy with it.

1 Like

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I started looking at Au2mator but had trouble getting through the video.

I then took a look at PowerShell Universal and think I found what I’m after there. The videos are much more focused, and no offense to the German speakers at Au2mator, but much more understandable. Plus it looks like PowerShell Universal has a wider scope of operations. At least if Au2mator does as well, it wasn’t as clear.

I like the idea of .NET Interactive Polyglot Notebooks too, but more for my own use than that of my team.

I didn’t look at ScriptRunner again yet, but will after playing with PowerShell Universal some more, this time with a widened perspective! =)

They are from Austria - not from Germany! :smirk::austria: vs. :de:

They are very approachable. If you have questions - ask them. And you can test it for free if you like before you make a decission. :+1:t3:

Woops, Entshuldigung von mir bitte! I know Austrians don’t like to be lumped in with Germans! (Auch mein deutsch/östereich ist jetzt ganz schlecht aber vielleicht möglich zum verstehen! =))

I will give them another try. Thanks!

Don’t worry. I’m just making fun. :love_you_gesture:t3: I have actually seen a presentation of Au2mator from their CEO Michael Seidl back then in 2021 and actually liked it. Unfortunately I never had the chance to actually implement it yet for a client.