Task Scheduler Issues

Hello, I’m trying to change scheduled tasks through powershell.

The condtion must be that the trigger must not have a full path…such as…

function get-tasks ($folders)
{
	foreach($folder in $folders)
	{
			try
			{
				foreach ($task in $folder.gettasks(""))
				{
					if(($task.xml -notmatch '.*\\.*') -and $task.xml -notmatch "" )
					{	
					$task.name
					}
				}
				get-tasks ($folder.getfolders(""))
			}
			catch
			{
				get-tasks ($folder.getfolders(""))	
			}	
	}

}	

#creates an object for task sched
$sched = New-Object -ComObject schedule.service
$sched.connect("Localhost") 

#starts the function to scan
$schedissues = @(get-tasks $sched.getfolder(""))

Where $schedissues would return, say: UPnPHostConfig

I would then drill down on that task

[xml]$x = get-content "C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UPnP\UPnPHostConfig"

#$z = sc.exe
$x.Task.Actions.Exec.Command = $z

$x.Task.Actions.Exec.Command = "%SystemRoot%\system32\$z"

But it seems if I change the xml through powershell in this fashion it corrupts the task.

Is there a way to achieve this? Would it be easier to save the task’s XML and delete the task and reimport it once it’s changed?

I can only use V2 of powershell for these tasks, unfortunately.

It’s possible there’s some funkiness in the XML that makes the standard .NET parser not treat it the way Task Scheduler wants. Unfortunately, if you’re stuck on that old a version of PowerShell, you may not have any good workarounds. I’d probably try the export/delete/import approach and see what that does. It’d be worth examining the XML before and after to see if there are any obvious, significant-looking differences.

Sorry for the late reply, went on vacation last week…

It should also be noted that if i edit the XML file in notepad in c:\windows\system32\tasks it gives also gives me a ‘Task * THe task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.’ when I open task manager.

I might have to go with the export/import method. Is there a way to do that through powershell v2 or will I have to kick it off with schtasks.exe?