Remove EXE installed program from users profile?

Hi all – We need to remove software from multiple systems. The installers and uninstallers are in EXE format. End users downloaded it on their own and it ran with their user account context. The uninstall file therefore resides in their own user profile, AppData\Roaming folder. We were going to try to use SCCM Task Sequence to run a command line, but it runs in system context and can’t remove it as it’s in the user’s profile. The program is ‘Pulse Secure Setup Client’ as it’s listed in Add/Remove programs. The path to the uninstaller is C:\Users\RandomUser\AppData\Roaming\Juniper Networks\uninstall.exe

Would anyone have a script that can scan the PC for this specific uninstaller in any user profile, then run the uninstall command? It’s not an MSI so we can’t scan for that. Also, I refuse to use WMI_Product32 commands as some may suggest as it can easily hose the pc (which happened to me once).

Thanks all!

You can configure SCCM Applications and Program to run in user context.

Can a app or package be included in a Task Sequence and when started, the PS script runs in the user context on the PC? I was thinking a TS wouldn’t allow that as it runs in system context.

Hmmm … why does it have to be a TS?

There are actually 7 different Pulse installs on the PC. The TS I’ve already built easily gets rid of 6 of them as they aren’t in user profile(s), but not this one. I think I could run a separate deployment on the collection so eventually it gets everything. Say a powershell running on the collection. Though I might be able to create an app or package as that is able to run in user context and add it into the TS. Not 100% sure that will work though…

I’ve always prefered TS for stuff like this, but I suppose beggars can’t be choosy after I’ve been striking out so much the last few days.

Of course you could use PowerShell to digg through the user profiles to find the uninstall executables using the system account. But are you sure they would work as needed when you run them with another account?

I’d rather try it with a separate deployment for a package in user context.