You were correct, I totally forgot the Get-Content.
Thank you very much for the links, I’ve not had a chance to go through all of them yet but that ‘Scripting Wife’ blog was a great starting point and exactly what I needed to get me going.
Following through the blog I’ve hit a bit of a snag. If i’m understanding this correctly from the online stuff I’ve read, the end result is being put into a hash table…I think, I’m looking for the value of DataPortalServer, so when I do $xml.configuration.appsettings.add.value this gives me the information that I’m looking for. However, the index may not always be the same, so I want to address it by the name of the key.
I’ve tried .ContainsKey(‘DataPortalServer’), I’ve tried $xml.configuration.appsettings.add.value[‘DataPortalServer’] as well as several other things that I’ve googled but I just can’t get it to work.
Thank’s so much for what you’ve already provided.
<!-- Dataportal -->
<add key="SystemUser" value="" />
<add key="SystemPW" value="" />
<add key="Authentication" value="CSLA" />
<add key="Location" value="Client" />
<add key="ChangeMonitorIntervalMins" value="2" />
<add key="CslaDataPortalProxy" value="Csla.DataPortalClient.GenuineChannelsProxy, Csla3" />
<add key="CslaDataPortalUrl" value="ghttp://localhost:8753/Rawr/RemotingPortal.rem" />
<add key="DataPortalServer" value="ghttp://localhost:8753/Rawr/DataPortal.rem" />