psRemote Fails Based on Source Computer Config

I am unable to create a New-psSession FROM a group of computers. Attempting to do so returns an error which includes: "The WinRM client received an HTTP status code of 307 from the remote WS-Management service."
I've worked with remoting errors/configs always based on the configuration of the target computer. In this case the issue seems to be with the host initiating the call.
I have two groups of computers. Group A is older, Win2008. GroupB is Win2012R2. psRemoting is configured the same on all. All are subject to the same group policies.
From a machine in Group A, I can create a session on any computer in either group. This tells me psRemoting is configured on all.
I fail to create a remote session from ANY machine in Group B to any other machine, in either group.
Client Auth\CredSSP is enabled. The WinRM configurations on hosts is identical, included here:
Config MaxEnvelopeSizekb = 500 MaxTimeoutms = 60000 MaxBatchItems = 32000 MaxProviderRequests = 4294967295 Client NetworkDelayms = 5000 URLPrefix = wsman AllowUnencrypted = false Auth Basic = true Digest = true Kerberos = true Negotiate = true Certificate = true CredSSP = true DefaultPorts HTTP = 5985 HTTPS = 5986 TrustedHosts = * Service RootSDDL = O:NSG:BAD:P(A;;GA;;;BA)(A;;GR;;;IU)S:P(AU;FA;GA;;;WD)(AU;SA;GXGW;;;WD) MaxConcurrentOperations = 4294967295 MaxConcurrentOperationsPerUser = 1500 EnumerationTimeoutms = 240000 MaxConnections = 300 MaxPacketRetrievalTimeSeconds = 120 AllowUnencrypted = true [Source="GPO"] Auth Basic = false Kerberos = true Negotiate = true Certificate = false CredSSP = false CbtHardeningLevel = Relaxed DefaultPorts HTTP = 5985 HTTPS = 5986 IPv4Filter = * [Source="GPO"] IPv6Filter = * [Source="GPO"] EnableCompatibilityHttpListener = false EnableCompatibilityHttpsListener = false CertificateThumbprint AllowRemoteAccess = true [Source="GPO"] Winrs AllowRemoteShellAccess = true IdleTimeout = 900000 [Source="GPO"] MaxConcurrentUsers = 2147483647 MaxShellRunTime = 2147483647 MaxProcessesPerShell = 2147483647 MaxMemoryPerShellMB = 2147483647 MaxShellsPerUser = 2147483647
What am I missing?

You make the comment: “In this case the issue seems to be with the host initiating the call”

Have you checked the Trusted Hosts entry to make sure Group B is included in whatever you have defined?

Computer Configuration/Admin Templates/Windows Components/Windows Remote Management/WinRM Client

Yes, TrustedHosts = *. For some reason, Group B cannot create a connection to any host. Group A hosts can connect to Group A hosts and all Group B hosts. Same subnet. No switch/router/firewall. MS firewall is disabled on all hosts.

I have also seen IPV6 cause odd issues with PSRemoting. I start with “Enable-PSRemoting -Force”, and somtimes would get the public profile error. Simply turning off IPV6 would solve that problem. Seemed odd to me this would fix the error, and I did not want to add -SkipNetworkPfrofileCheck.

Another issue that can crop up with PSRemoting is the Remote Registry service. Try enabling that on group B??

And lastly, make sure you can get to C$ on the group B hosts from the system running the remote queries.

Just thinking out loud. I have a script that audits remote systems and these are some of the issues I have seen. I am guessing you already know/have tried this, but you never know.

Good suggestion on the network profile. You can use

Get-NetConnectionProfile

and if it’s public change it with

Set-NetConnectionProfile

Trey you never said what A/V and firewall you are using. What does these commands show?

Test-WSMan -ComputerName GroupB-PC

Test-WSMan -ComputerName GroupA-PC

Thanks for input, but no progress.

Remember, this is not a case of configuring systems to ACCEPT a psSession or remote job. All these systems run remote jobs initiated from a management workstation. NONE of these systems, GroupB, can INITIATE a connection to another host.