Problem when running in schedule task

by habs3 at 2012-12-18 05:45:42

Good morning,

When i try to run the following script in a scheduled task the zipping part does not work. If i run it outside of the schedule task it works great. Is it because the script is running an EXE? Ideas to make it work?

Get-childitem D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data*.zip | where { ((get-date)-$.LastWriteTime).days -ge 30} | remove-item -force
$DTE = Get-Date -Format MMddyyy
$Itm = get-childitem -path D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data | where-object {($
.Length -gt "536000000") -and ($_.Extension -eq ".blg")} | select-object BaseName
foreach ($BName in $Itm)
{
$BName.BaseName | out-file D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data\files_beingzipped$dte.txt -append
}
$PerfData = get-content -path D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data\files_beingzipped$dte.txt
foreach ($DataItem in $PerfData)
{
& D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data\7z.exe a -tzip "$DataItem.zip" "$DataItem.blg"
}

$ToDel = get-content D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data\files_beingzipped$dte.txt
foreach ($Perf in $ToDel)
{
"$Perf.blg" | remove-item
}
remove-item -path D:\AA-Perfwiz-Data\files_beingzipped$dte.txt -force
by robertskinner at 2012-12-18 08:10:44
I assume you are running the script under the same credentials both times? What Attributes are you using in the scheduled task when calling PowerShell as well as the start-in in directory? I just did a simple test, with just calling the 7zip and it created a files for me. Unless there is something I am missing in your code, others can comment, I don’t have the time to test that right now.
by habs3 at 2012-12-18 10:27:51
I am using the directory that all the files are in and i tried using my domain admin account as well as the local admin account.
by robertskinner at 2012-12-18 13:12:16
Why not do a transcript dump to capture everything to see where problems may exist.

Start-Transcript "c:\temp\test.txt"
YOUR CODE HERE
stop-transcript