PowerShellISE 5.1 command panel empty

In PsISE, the cmdlets are gone. they used to be there. I was on another task and came back the script and console panels work as before but the command window is empty. I clicked to “?” help and crashed the ISE. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Truly a mystery and I’m unable to figure out what caused this and what to reinstall if that is the solution. Re-loading Windows FrameWork at 4.6 or 4.7, may just be a Band-Aid if this recurs. Any ideas, Windows 10 64 bit development environment.
Ernie

Just a QQ.

Have you tried using Windows Restore Point to go back to a previous day where things worked?
Of course if you had not enable Windows Restore then there won’t be any.

You can try reinstalling PoSH, but each release of Win10, is a updated version.
Last resort, you can install PoSHv6, it can live and work right along v5.

Of course though they do not display in the Command Tab, they are still there, and you can still get to them, though in a less convenient way.

Throw them into GridView scoll or filter and select the one you want and hit OK for it to display in the ISE console window.

Get-Command -Name * | Sort-Object Name | Out-GridView -PassThru

Try running this command to reset ISE to the default settings:

$psISE.Options.RestoreDefaults() Close the ISE and reopen it to see if it’s working. Another option would be to install VScode with the powershell add-on and just use that which is what many people are doing since they are not working on ISE any longer.