Powershell Sofware Query Specific software

Hi Guys,

I’m new here and I was wondering if any one can help w/ this powershell script. Query Specific Installed Software on remote PC · GitHub found this script in Microsoft script center. basically I want to check on remote computer to has the specific software installed on it. Like Java or Symantec. I know there are lots of power shell script that will pull out the list of installed software but I don’t want the entire list I just want the specific software. the script is perfect but when tested it on two machine one PC has Java and the other PC has symantec when I run the script it export on excel and shows me that both software are not installed. Hope someone can help me modify the script. I was reading a lot of forums and tried to modified it but same outcome.

Hi There,

You should debug the code line by line. Print the variables $regvar, $RegUninstall and $RegProgram values on the host and verify.

Thank you.

[quote quote=184395]Hi There,

You should debug the code line by line. Print the variables $regvar, $RegUninstall and $RegProgram values on the host and verify.

Thank you.[/quote]

Did run the debug and it only hit line 47;48 and 136

Debug without try…catch.