PowerShell scripter job

I’ve been posting a few and find the folks here helpful. I am jsut curious whats the typical day like for you guys out there?

Sripting -eq Operational
Scripting -gt Operational
Operational -gt Scripting
Operational -eq $false

I love the question :slight_smile:

for me its Fire of the day -gt all :smiley:

2 Likes

Job title makes me an infrastructure guy, so that is most of my day, every day. Scripting isn’t necessarily a part of the job description. It’s something I do for fun and to make my job easier!

2 Likes

Any full time scripter here?

I do a fair bit of scripting but I wouldn’t say full time. I’m a ‘DevOps Engineer’ and don’t get me wrong, I do work on some pipelines stuff but it’s not my primary focus. I truly do deal with a lot of daily fires due to various things that are out of my control. My team wears a lot of hats… domain admins, exchange admins, team admins, m365 admins, global admins, and we do a lot in the general M365 space. We do some stuff in security as well, just depends on the ask. I personally do quite a bit on the metrics side and maintain a couple powershell ‘backends’ that actually act as endpoints for some web frontends. We have several other things we do heh. This week I’ve been doing work in SQL (I’m no DBA), and developing a solution to deal with large amounts of data from the cloud and getting it into a SQL database for a workflow.

Never a dull moment!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.