powershell script to automate s/w installation

Hi,

Need help in automating software install for windows by selecting required radio buttons and check boxes which occurs in the middle of software installation ( Manually ).

please help me out in passing arguments or commands in power shell script to select required option ( radio buttons and check box ) for software installation automation in windows.

Scenario:

in the middle of installation, After a while another wizard pops up asking for downloading “Additional application support file”. I do not want to select this option but i need to select radio button “Continue with installation” ( 2 Radio buttons) . Click on Next

After a while another wizard pops up providing list of check boxes and i need to uncheck which are not required during installation.

please help me out

Many Thanks,
Sharath

You cannot control a GUI of an installation with Powershell. If the installation executable does not provide an opportunity to pass according arguments it is not possible to automate or to make it silent. If it’s a MSI file you can use command line options to influence the installation. If it’s a vendor specific installation executable you will have to ask the vendor for according options.

If you can’t silent install it with command line options (which would be terrible), my last resort is autoit. You can automate mouse clicks and keyboard presses with it.

Here’s an example. with controlcommand, you don’t have to be logged in and have an active window:

autoitsetoption("trayicondebug", 1)

run("aim8_install.exe")

winwait("AIM for Windows Setup", "Additional options")
controlcommand("AIM for Windows Setup", "Additional options", "Set your browser's default search engine to AOL Search", "uncheck")
controlcommand("AIM for Windows Setup", "Additional options", "Set your home page to AOL.com", "uncheck")
controlcommand("AIM for Windows Setup", "Additional options", "Install AOL Messaging Toolbar", "uncheck")
controlclick("AIM for Windows Setup", "Additional options", "Next")

winwait("AIM for Windows Setup", "Installation Complete")
controlclick("AIM for Windows Setup", "Installation Complete", "Launch AIM")

DirRemove("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\Messengers\AIM\", 1)
DirMove("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AIM\", "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\Messengers\", 1)
FileSetAttrib("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\Messengers\AIM\Uninstall AIM.lnk", "+h")
FileDelete("c:\users\public\desktop\aim.lnk")

Thank you for response. I will have try using AutoIT.