POwershell install

Hi i’m new to this but is there a way to install powershell without installing sql management studio and if so can you give me the steps please. Needed Urgently.

search for “Download Windows Management Framework”

I’m assuming you mean the PowerShell module for SQL Server. If yes, you’ll need to download and install a few components from the feature pack. Documentation here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh245198.aspx

Otherwise the PowerShell engine should already be installed if you’re using a somewhat recent Windows client or server operating system.

If you are looking to remotely manage a SQL server from a system that does not have the SQL Server modules (or any other kind of module), you can try using Implicit Remoting. Don Jones has a write-up here.

If you’re new to PowerShell, I recommend getting started with these books to increase your skill and get more comfortable with it:

Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches
PowerShell In Depth
The Pester Book (agile publishing)

ok thanks guys for your prompt response but to no avail. Is there a way i can just get the sqlps.exe file and if so where?

SO i found a way to install sqlps module…no my problem is its in my program files folder. Now my boss is only said that when i go in cmd and type sqlps /? a bunch of codes should come up and if not then its not installed properly. Can anyone help me make sense and get it working please?