Powershell for Rails, Node.js developers?

by yankee_racers at 2012-09-05 08:29:17

Hello everyone,

I was looking around Amazon today and noticed a book called Windows Powershell for Developers by Douglas Finke. I had searched for this exact type of book a year or more ago so I was surprised and excited to see that it now existed.

I don’t do a lot of .NET development anymore though. I do use C# regularly within Unity3d, which uses the Mono implementation of .NET. Most of my development is in Node.js, client side Javascript, and sometimes Rails. I do my development on Windows and though I also have a Mac, I have no plans to switch development platforms.

Is this book applicable to all developers on Windows regardless of the languages and frameworks they are using or is it for .NET developers?
by coderaven at 2012-09-05 10:11:44
Doug I assume will answer this soon, but I thought I would give my 2 cents.

I have been looking for a book like this for a long time as well, and got it early while in rough cuts! Most of the book does address C# coding opportunities when dealing with raw code.
As you can see here, Doug uses node.js in PowerShell. – http://www.dougfinke.com/blog/index.php … n-windows/
Most of the information on managing your code can apply to any programming language because PowerShell can read your code and gather information about what is going on depending on your logic.
Personally, I think you can use the information in this book to help in automating your code, testing your code, invoking parts of it and more.

I think may of us have been waiting for this! And for as little as it cost it is quickly able to return it’s cost in time savings.