New to PS. Please help with Uninstall-Package

Hi Guys and Girls, I’m new both here and to PowerShell in general. I’ve been using it a fair bit for basic things recently and when you get the command right it just works.

However…

I have developed a need for using PowerShell commands to identify and remove a program from a fleet of computers.

This program is called “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0”.

When I run: Get-Package -Provider Programs -IncludeWindowsInstaller -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” I get the Name, Version and ProviderName listed:

Get-Package

Now, if I then run Uninstall-Package -Name Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 -Force nothing seems to happen, no process spike, nor any error in Powershell.

If I run Get-Package -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” -RequiredVersion “1.0.0.1003” | Uninstall-Package -Force then I get the error

Get-Package : No package found for ‘Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0’.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-Package -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” -Required …
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power…lets.GetPackage:GetPackage) [Get-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.GetPackage

Is anyone able to help me correct my ways and remove this once and for all, please?

Thank you

Guess the insert image above didnt work…

It should have looked like:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-Package -Provider Programs -IncludeWindowsInstaller -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0”

Name Version Source ProviderName

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Te… 1.0.0.1033 Programs

It’s saying it can’t find the package when specifying the requiredversion (the only difference shown in your examples) so what if you try

Get-Package -Provider Programs -IncludeWindowsInstaller -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” | Uninstall-Package

Ahhhh…!! I looked and looked and looked and never spotted the mistake in the version number. Thank you.

I did what you suggested and just removed that altogether and didn’t get the error this time but the program stubbornly remains intact and working.